Friday, March 03, 2006

The Reason Women Choose Islam from Seed Magazine

Idle reading night a few days ago brought this to me. I was reading Seed, a new periodical I just noticed, for the article "The Harsh Light of Science." The premise is the ansgt of both the scientists and the religious leaders having a serious scientific study of religion, but I digress. This quote on page 54 (Feb/Mar 2006 issue) jumped right out at me"
"For instance, eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa and bulemia are much less common among women from Muslim countries in which the physical attrativeness of women plays a muted role, relative to that in Westernized countries."
There you have it. It's the evil western world destroying women again. Thanks to Little Green Footballs for the Open Thread!

No comments: