Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Where to and not to shop...

What follows in this post is: First, my comments back to the person who forwarded this email to me. Second, the actual email. Personally, it's getting pretty boring to continue to hear the incessant whining about how the election wasn't right, blah, blah, blah.....Like I said, these people seem to know nothing about sportman like behavior. Get a grip, if you're one of those PEST people, please, and interact with us as something other than a spoiled child. I'll compare and contrast my mindset when President Clinton was re-elected to what seems to be the thtoughts these days of the "losing side." I didn't get despondent, nor did I seek the care of a mental helath professional. I just kept living. The great part, and pardon me for being so terrible obvious, this country will repeat the election process every four years. In that, there is hope. I just can't come to fathom how upset these Democratic whiners are. I also realized I should have taken the opportunity to question how an obviously left wing (and therefore "supporters of the separation of church and state" crowd would realize they are supporting the celebration of the birth of Christ by commenting on the "holidays." I know the joke is on them. I think they all should just stay at work through the "holidays," just so it won't look like they accept there is a God. Ok, off to the races, and thanks, I won't name you here person, for telling me where I don't want to spend my money, and where I should. I'd have never taken it this far, but...since you provided me with the "gouge," who am I to reject it...:) *************email below************** Let me see, I'll file that under people who never had parents with a concept of sportmanship, or ones who did, but they were too busy earning and climbing the corporate ladder to pay attention to their children. Will these adult children of the "sensitive" decide to grow up sometime soon? Don't forget to square that the red staters out donate to charities to blue's significantly. Where's the compassion? And I wonder why they left off Osama bin Laden's favorite party to contribute to..... "Everybody can be used for something, even if it is a bad example" - Anonymous ********"the MESSAGE!"****************** Subject: SHOPPING PREFERENCES With the holidays upon us, some of us might wish to be mindful of who we patronize relative to their Election Cycle political donations, as reported by the Center for Responsive Politics. Not that we're all shopaholics... SUPPORT: * Price Club/Costco donated $225K, of which 99% went to democrats; * Rite Aid, $517K, 60% to democrats; * Magla Products (Stanley tools, Mr. Clean), $22K, 100% to democrats; * Warnaco (undergarments), $55K, 73% to democrats; * Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, $153K, 99% to democrats; * Estee Lauder, $448K, 95% to democrats; * Guess ? Inc., $145K, 98% to democrats; * Calvin Klein, $78K, 100% to democrats; * Liz Claiborne, Inc., $34K, 97% to democrats; * Levi Straus, $26K, 97% to democrats; * Olan Mills, $175K, 99% to democrats. * Gallo Winery, $337K, 95% to democrats; * Southern Wine & Spirits, $213K, 73% to democrats; * Joseph E. Seagrams & Sons (includes beverage business, plus considerable media interests), $2M+, 67% democrats. * Sonic Corporation, $83K, 98% democrat; * Triarc Companies (Arby's, T.J. Cinnamon's, Pasta Connections), $112K, 96% Democrats; * Hyatt Corporation, $187K, 80% to democrats; DON'T SUPPORT: WalMart, $467K, 97% to republicans; K-Mart, $524K, 86% to republicans; Home Depot, $298K, 89% to republicans; Target, $226K, 70% to republicans; Circuit City Stores, $261K, 95% to republicans; 3M Co., $281K, 87% to republicans; Hallmark Cards, $319K, 92% to republicans; Amway, $391K, 100% republican; Kohler Co. (plumbing fixtures), $283K, 100% republicans; B.F. Goodrich (tires), $215K, 97% to republicans; Proctor & Gamble, $243K, 79% to republicans; Coors, $174K, 92% to republicans; (also Budweiser - sd) Brown-Forman Corp. (Southern Comfort, Jack Daniels, Bushmills, Korbel wines - as well as Lennox China, Dansk, Gorham Silver), $644, 80% to republicans; Pilgrim's Pride Corp. (chicken), $366K, 100% republican; Outback Steakhouse, $641K, 95% republican; Tricon Global Restaurants (KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell), $133K, 87% republican; Brinker International (Maggiano's, Brinker Cafe, Chili's, On the Border, Macaroni Grill, Crazymel's, Corner Baker, EatZis), $242K, 83% republican; Waffle House, $279K, 100% republican; McDonald's Corp., $197K, 86% republican; Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Smokey Bones, Bahama Breeze), $121K, 89% republican; Mariott International, $323K, 81% to republicans; Holiday Inns, $38K, 71% to republicans "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." ------ End of Forwarded Message

No comments: