Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Little Wisdom for the Day (and Life in General)

I'll be taking a few days off to visit the family, so posting will really be sporadic for the next week. For the loyal 12 readers who wander by daily, thank you for adding to the hit counter and I hope you've found something worth reading here. I'll be back with more idle, sometimes counter intuitive thoughts in a few days. The TC1000 will be in my bag and charged up, so I'll most likely get a few ideas typed in. Here's a quote I haul around in my wallet, for it helps keep my attitude focused:
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." - Will Rodgers
Oh, so true. I believe I have never heard anyone say they have gained wisdom from success. I certainly have heard many say they have gained wisdom through failure. When you view failure as a situation you had to see, in order that you would understand things better, then failure becomes life lessons with purpose (sometimes to get one more time to yell at yourself "DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!"). Education, however slight, is sufficient to complete the offense... Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for all the "hits!"

No comments: