Tuesday, March 29, 2005

"Under Construction" here

I have a new drive sitting beside the big beast and besides the fact I spent good moeny on it, the current drive is acting strangely. It's time to back up and then swap drives and rebuild. For the next few days, I'll be in the data salvaging and reassembly mode, so I may not be making many posts during that time. I still have my trusty TC1000 tablet PC, so I'll most likely get a few posts done I've had rolling about in my head. If you're coming regularly, as I see some of you are, please don't get discouraged and abandon the check ins if it gets a little stale this week. In the meantime, here's a link to the association of men who served on the ASHVILLE Class gunboats, back in the late 60s-early 70s. Armed with a 3"/50cal, and some smaller arms, as well as surface launched versions of anit-radiation missiles, they were powered by diesels or a J-79 jet turbine, the same engine the F-4 Phantom used. They could get up and go. One officer I served under had been a CO of one of these boats during Vietnam and had some great stories to tell. I found the link after I got to emailing the author of Bowramp, a retired Navy Mustang. He had been one one of these classes of boats as well. I'll be back in a few days, or sooner, depending on how easily the rebuild of the data goes. Thanks for stopping by.....

No comments: