Monday, April 25, 2005

Where are women making progess you ask?

In Afghanistan..... The Afghan Warrior, Waheed, posted this a few days back. It's encouraging to me that women are becoming part of the Middle Eastern, Islamic society. First provincial woman Governor in Afghanistan is the post. I'm thinking the "revolution" is going to head into places the male dominated society in that part of the world had no concpet, and I think it will produce some very positive results..... Still, I wonder where the NOW crowd is (as I did before). They don't seem to get mentioned at all any more. Have they become completely irrelevant, or have they become too smug in their power base in the US? Maybe they just can't stomach the idea of helping their sisters in a place where running water and inside "facilities" pretty much don't exist.

No comments: